chickie4

Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Charity Starts at Home

Charity Starts at Home - Zahra Owens 3.5 stars

Owens does a wonderful job with the Christmas story theme in her book. The story is moving and inspirational, and I will admit, I almost cried a couple of times (of course, I was in an emotional mood to begin with, but there were still some tears, which is unusual). There were times when I wanted to hug the characters and cheer them on and other times when I wanted to slap them in the head Gibbs’ style and ask them what the hell they were thinking. Quinn was a bit proud, and Haden was shy/a bit of a tease (can’t really describe it, but that comes close to how I felt about him). Now, I firmly believe that money doesn’t fix things, but in this case, it does help. However, the part I loved is that even though Haden’s rich, he doesn’t just throw his money at the problem, but goes out of his way to help make a difference. And I thought his gift to Quinn was just about the cutest thing in the world and showed how well he knew Quinn. While the plot dragged a bit at times, the ending was very satisfying, and I for one would love to see more of this couple and to see how they continued to deal with the differences separating them. All in all, a great read to get you into the Christmas spirit any time of the year.