chickie4

Joyee Flynn
Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Song For Sophia

Song For Sophia - Moriah Densley *I received an ARC of this in exchange for an honest review*

This was a great read, that I enjoyed very much. Now, I’m not a huge fan of historical fiction, so to find a book that not only interested me, but also kept me interested all the way to the end is rare.

The best part of this entire story was the characters. They were well developed, detailed, and so life-like, I kept expecting them to walk off the page into my living room.

Sophia. Beautiful, amazing, wonderful Sophia. I loved how she overcame all the abuse she suffered, and her witty banner with Devon just made me love her even more. She never let the bad guys win, and I couldn’t stop cheering her on. As for Lord Devon, I loved the twist of him having savant autism. Seeing how he dealt with his autism in an era where no one knew or talked about such a thing just added to the story, and tugged at my heartstrings all at the same time.

This was a wonderful book, and it’s hard to believe that this is Moriah’s debut novel. It was well written, enjoyable, and I would highly recommend it.