chickie4

Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

All The Colors Of Love

All The Colors Of Love - Jessica Freely 4.5 stars

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This was a wonderful book that I greatly enjoyed. Not only was the plot interesting, but the characters were wonderful and lively, and I absolutely love Antonin’s “family”. From a resurrected android, to a living plant man, they cracked me up, and they almost stole the show from Harry and Antonin, they were so great. And I loved getting to see multiple POVs (you read not only from Harry and Antonin’s POVs, but also Harry’s dad, and all of Antonin’s family members at times). Having multiple POVs can throw a story off sometimes, but it worked well here, and helped explain the character’s thoughts, motivations, backgrounds, etc., which really enhanced the story.

Another thing I loved about this book was that the romance wasn’t raced. Harry and Antonin went from being enemies to friends, and eventually to more than friends. I loved seeing how they grew and changed as the story progressed. Oh, and the ending? Loved it! I can’t wait to see what happens next.

The only thing that kept this from being a 5 star book was the violence and the language. While there was bad language, it didn't really bother me too much, but I thought it was a bit much for a YA book. The violence on the other hand, really bothered me. It wasn't just that there was a lot of it, it was that it was detailed as well. The abuse that Harry suffered especially was hard, and while I understand why it was necessary to have that happen to him to make him who he was, I didn’t think it needed to be spelled out so vividly and bluntly, especially in a YA book. I think that this book should be classified as a NA (new adult) book rather than a YA (young adult) one because of this.

All in all though, this was an amazing read. I laughed, I cried, I cringed, and I celebrated while reading this book. I would definitely recommend this book to an older crowd (high school and up, though this could be okay for some older/more mature middle schoolers), and I sincerely hope there’s a sequel where we see what happens in the aftermath and as Harry and Antonin age.