chickie4

Two Fangs And A Hoof
Joyee Flynn
Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)

River Marked - Patricia Briggs Not as good as the earlier books, but I did like how we learned a whole lot more about Mercy’s background here. I thought I’d learned all about the world of Mercedes Thompson, and then this book came along and proved otherwise. It was nice and interesting to learn a whole lot more about Mercy’s background and to meet her father(s). And I’m so glad Mercy and Adam are finally together (married). The only downside is that this book wasn’t as good as the earlier books in the series. I don’t know quite what it was, but the book didn’t grab my attention like the other books in the series. I think part of it is the fact that you’re dealing with almost an entirely new cast in most of the book (Mercy and Adam being the only big players we know for the majority of the story). It’s not that I don’t like the new characters, it’s just that it felt like I’m learning about an entire new world when I want to stay with Mercy’s world of werewolves, vamps, and fae. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t as good as the first books. I wasn’t expecting it to be so different from the others like that going in, which is part of why I was a little disillusioned. All in all though, it’s definitely worth the time to read it and all I can say is that I’m looking forward to a pregnant Mercy in the future (*hint hint Ms. Briggs*).