chickie4

J.A. Jaken

Chalice

Chalice - Amber Kell 3.5 stars
Originally read June 17, 2012

I greatly enjoyed this book, I think this is a very intriguing series and I will definitely be reading the others in this series (there are currently 2 with another on the way). My only problem with this book is how short it is. Important details and encounters are rushed, details are left out and the end result is that, while I like the story, I feel like it's entirely unbelievable. Yes, I know magic and aliens are science fiction, but the romance feels fake with how rushed it is. The characters seem superficial as we don't have time to truly bond with them. I know Amber is known for writing short stories and I do enjoy them, but I usually wish they were longer. This book, I felt, needed to be longer, not just because I wanted more, but because the story suffered due to the length and it didn't have to. This book has the potential to be a 4 or 5 star book and this series shows promise. I would recommend it to anyone, particularly those who like more sci-fi type books. It's a fun read and an interesting new universe.