chickie4

Joyee Flynn
Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Chest by the Bay

Chest by the Bay - Tessa N Beauchat *I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Note : I reviewed a paperback copy of this book.

This was a very well written and interesting book. I would qualify this book as poetry, which was very well done and mature for a 12 year old. The rhyming was nearly perfect and the word choices and structure were great. There was even a glossary with the definition of some of the words that kids might not understand. The illustrations were also well done and enhanced the story nicely.

While this is a children's picture book, I would be cautious about reading this to younger children, as the wording and story are more for older kids, and younger children may not understand the story.

The only downside is that the paperback is expensive, though there is a reasonably priced Kindle version as well.

All in all, this was a fun book, and I would definitely recommend it. I can't wait to see what this young woman will go with her writing in the future, as she shows quite a lot of promise at such a young age.