chickie4

Two Fangs And A Hoof
Joyee Flynn
Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Island Of Empathy (The Power Of The Word)

Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Island Of Empathy (The Power Of The Word) - Suzy Liebermann *I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I had high hopes for Hugo the Happy Starfish when I heard that it was written in accordance with the IB PYP curriculum. I work with children of all ages, so I'm always looking for new books and experiences to share with them. And to have a series of books designed to teach kids about feelings? Perfect.

I enjoyed reading about Hugo's further adventures on his trip. In this book, we learn about empathy, and how words have the power to hurt. I thought it was very well written and illustrated. The book wasn't overly preachy, and I thought that the message was cleverly delivered.

The only thing I didn't like was reading this book on my Kindle. I think if you read the paperback/hardcover edition, it would be great, but unfortunately, it doesn't work very well on Kindle. The pages and type were very small, and even when I adjusted the reading size to the highest setting, it was still small and hard to read, which can be a problem for young readers or when you're trying to show the pictures to children while reading the story.

All in all, I think this is a promising series that I would highly recommend. I would recommend buying the paperback/hardcover copy over the Kindle version, but the Kindle version is fine too. I will definitely be reading the other books in this series and using this in my classroom.