chickie4

Joyee Flynn
Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Secret to Happiness

Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Secret to Happiness - Suzy Liebermann *I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This is my favorite of the Hugo stories to date. Having two little ones that don't like sharing at times, I was looking forward to reading this with them. Living in such a materialistic world, it was refreshing for me personally to read a book that pointed out the way to true happiness. The kids absolutely loved the book as well, and I will definitely be re-reading this more in the future with them.

The message that sharing makes you truly happy was wonderful, and also helps teach empathy, another very important lesson. The book wasn't preachy, and cleverly delivered the message. The pictures are vivid and colorful, and I love that there's a little page at the end to pause and think about what we just read.

One thing that I don't get though is the whole introducing Spanish thing. It says that all of her books "offer a themed vocabulary to introduce the Spanish language to the reader." I haven't seen any Spanish in any of the books I've read so far, so I'm not sure what that's about, though I think the books are simpler and more effective without trying to add learning Spanish to the mix.

All in all though, this was a wonderful book, great for kids of all ages, and one I would highly recommend to others.