chickie4

Nicholi's Vengeance
J.A. Jaken

Enos

Enos - Zarug Thane 4.5 stars
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this book, especially after reading the warnings, so I was looking forward to something different. And this book certainly delivered. Though, I should warn you, this is apparently book 2 in a series, which I wasn’t aware of when I read Enos, so I would recommend reading the first book well...first.

Anyways, this was an interesting and conflicting book for me. I had quite a few problems with it, and yet I loved it. Though, my biggest problem was that I was thrown into a paranormal world with no explanation or background. However, like I said above this is book 2, and I did not read book 1 first, so I’m assuming the world building was primarily in that book. When I realized that, I wasn’t quite so upset at being so lost.

And the sex...truthfully, I was a bit against all the sex scenes at first. I know this is an erotic romance, but there was so much sex. I’m normally not a big fan of tons of sex scenes, and while there were times where I just wanted the story to move on, Enos surprised me. I actually liked reading most of the sex scenes, as they were all different and exciting (and included both heterosexual and homosexual scenes). I didn’t get overly bored reading them, which is unusual for me, which definitely made me enjoy the book more

Problems aside, I greatly enjoyed this book. Because for all the problems I had with it, I couldn’t put it down. I was drawn into the story, and I can’t wait to read the first and the third book in the series so I can learn more about this world. And considering I spent the majority of the book clueless about the world the story was set in, and ended the book with tons of questions in my head, I actually loved this book. Therefore, I would definitely recommend this book, as it surprised me and captured my attention to such a degree that I was able to put aside my problems with the book and truly enjoy it.